KAT® Track is manufactured in "Standard" and "Deep" sections...each designed to suit a specific range of applications. Both are made to the highest quality levels and incorporate the following top performance features:
- Precision Extruded Aluminum Track - made from aluminum that is solution heat treated and artificially aged to produce an alloy having excellent mechanical and corrosion resistant properties. The track is light but strong and the standard section can be readily formed to suit the work contour.
- Supporting Steel Rack - is securely fixed to the KAT® track to provide a smooth, positive drive. The long-life rack easily supports the KAT® carriage under maximum load when used in a vertical plane.
- Interchangeable End Design - enables any two lengths of track to mate accurately and, because of symmetry of design, track lengths can be turned end to end. It is even possible to mate standard and deep track sections.
- Fast, Easy Joining - with combined dovetail and taper screw that provides accurate location between mating track lengths. The track can be joined in the time it takes to tighten two knurled thumb screws.
- Versatile Mounting - Both standard and deep section tracks have fixing holes on 6" (152.4 mm) pitch along their entire length to provide ample means for mounting or securing brackets.
Gullco provides complete KAT® Track forming services to customer specifications. Contact Gullco for detailed information.
Gullco Heavy Duty "Flex-Track" is specifically designed for use with the Gullco Flex-KAT® all-position Travel Carriages. Flex-Track is made from tempered spring steel and can be easily mounted to conform with curved surfaces. This Flex-Track can be used in applications involving curved surfaces 60" (1524 mm) diameter and greater.
The "Flex Track Stiffeners" provides extra stiffness and reduces the number of magnets or vacuum track mounting devices required. Supplied in 8 ft. (2438 mm) lengths. Also available in custom lengths up to 8 ft. (2438 mm) with interlocking ends to facilitate complete circles for diameter 60" (1524 mm), O.D. & I.D. and over.
Other lengths available on request.
Rare earth On/Off Track Mounting Devices, Self Aligning Magnet Assemblies and Steel Bracket Assemblies are used to mount either Gullco rigid KAT® tracks or Flex-KAT® tracks on ferrous surfaces. For non-ferrous surfaces see Gullco's Vacuum Track Mounting system.
- Rare Earth On/Off Magnet Assemblies(GK-165-215) feature two powerful magnets each with 150 lbs (45kg) of holding power with positive on/off switch
- Self Aligning On/Off Magnet Assemblies (GK-165-263) feature two powerful magnets with 150 lbs (45kg) of holding power and positive on/off switch. The magnets are mounted in a special self aligning bracket to allow for use on curved surfaces
- Steel Bracket Assemblies (GK-165-217) are used with magnet assemblies to provide track stability. They also must be used for added safety, tack welded to the work surface in vertical and overhead welding applications. The four models conform to the heights of assemblies in each of the fixed and Self-Aligning groups. Standard brackets are mild steel but are available in stainless steel on request.